a guide on how to download and install, cracked applications & cracked games for an iPad without paying for them. [as usual do at your own risk]
- yes, you’ll need to jailbreak your iPad via spirit [detailed instructions] [don’t forget to change your default password on your iPad]
once you’re done, you should see “cydia” app on your iPad (don’t worry if your iPad becomes an iPhone for a min – all you have to do is respring)
- in cydia app, search for “AppSync for OS3.2” (paid app … so, if you don’t mind stealing those apps, from those developers:
Goto: Cydia > Manage > Sources > Edit > Add > sinfuliphonerepo.com
It will add a sinful repository – once done, in the search result on cydia – you will now see apps with sinful logo listed as well – their versions of apps are cracked & free)
[some pipl suggest you download a free app from iTunes on your computer & iPad … ]
- so where do you download cracked iPad games & apps from?
surprisingly not much on torrent sites yet. for a list of basic paid apps that are cracked and free, check out MCP Exclusive. there, you’ll find free version of pages, numbers (iWorks for iPad), angry birds HD, command & conquer, flight control HD, NFS Shift, Tetris HD, Weather HD, etc, etc
if you can’t find what you looking for on MCP, check out filestube.com (nice rapidshare search engine)
– when you search add “ipa” to the search (e.g. “goodreader ipa“)
- once you download the ipa file, all you need to do is drag it to iTunes & sync your iPad – vu a la, enjoy your hacked iPad app / game for FREE!
[if you’re getting “the item you’ve requested is not currently available in the us store” error in iTunes after you install an app or a game on your jailbroken iPad / iPhone. it means you have downloaded an international version of a cracked ipa app or game. once you sync & app / game is on your iPad. delete that ipa file from your iTunes / restart iTunes & it will fix this problem]
[if you’re getting 0xE8008001 Error When Trying to Sync …
means you haven’t followed above instructions & made a mistake of moving MobileInstallation manually to your iPad / iPhone via SSH … OLD way of doing things. it worked for os 2.0, won’t work on 3.0 +]
yes, there’s plenty of top 10 ipad app lists out there, but … we will update this list weekly, with the best top 10 free applications for that week :). should come in handy, since apple doesn’t publish top free nor paid apps for iPad on their website nor via RSS.
week 2, top 10 apps for an iPad:
- air Video Free – awesome video streaming app to watch any video of your computer on an iPad. check the full review here.
- offline pages – much better alternative to off line problem in safari. great application for iPad traveler to catch up on daily news / websites / blogs, while on the road!
- pro keys – free piano app for ipad
- radio.com – streaming radio app – by CBS Radio and it’s streaming partners, including Yahoo! Music, among others. 550 professionally programmed music stations as well as News, Talk and Sports stations across the nation.
- zinio – great preview to print magazines reader. it has bunch of free magazines to read, rest you have to buy (health magazine app sucks btw).
- frame HD (free for limited time) – great picture stand app, that displays flickr feed and shows time
- pad info (free for limited time) – task manager / activity monitor for an iPad. battery meter will estimate time left on the current charge.
- blackboard mobile – looks like a very promising app for students and teachers, but you’ll need for your university to support this. demo
iPhone apps, worth mentioning:
- opera mini – breakthrough? yes & no. iPhone app, it is faster then safari, miracle that it got approved by apple, but … it is not safari: zoom is funnny, rendering of the pages is not clear, etc [tip: install opera on your desktop to sync your bookmarks]
- 5-0 radio [$.99]- police radio scanner
week 2, top games for iPad:
- air hockey gold – great game, 1 & 2 players
- minesweeper boom! – classic windows brain teaser now on iPad
- 10 pin shuffle HD lite – sort of a bowling game mixed with poker … but still lots of fun
- jirbo Says – classic colors memory game (great for kids)
- classic solitaire – now on an iPad
- dubble – bubble shooter
- hitTennis 2 – found it a bit difficult to play, but maybe that’s the challenge. 1 or 2 players
- touch tanks online
- table checkers – 2 players only
- battle of the block – weird game, that’s difficult to interface with. but … it’s free – seems to be 2 players only
top free educational ipad apps books for kids:
basic apps that come free with iPhone are missing on iPad, but … you can easily get the free alternatives on iTunes store:
weather – plenty of choice here:
- AccuWeather – closest to resembling iPhone’s simple weather app
- WeatherBug – great rain radar, other info bit too small to see
- The Weather Channel – nice features, but you have to click an icon before you see actual weather
As for stocks, voice memo and compass – check out this link
ps: another voice memo alternative is iTalk (iPhone app)
no flash on iPad means you can’t play your favorite facbook games?
yes you can, here are most popular facebook games available for iPad as an application:
[update 2011/9] this great new iPad app – iSWiFter – will let you play most of flash games out there (facebook, etc). use it instead of safari & vu a la!
Games that are very similar to:
We still couldn’t find replacement for the following games:
[please submit via comments, if you know of worthy alternatives]
- CafeWorld, FishVille, Pet Society, PetVille, Happy Aquarium, Restaurant City,
Other Facebook games available on iPad (as iPhone apps):