basic apps that come free with iPhone are missing on iPad, but … you can easily get the free alternatives on iTunes store:
weather – plenty of choice here:
- AccuWeather – closest to resembling iPhone’s simple weather app
- WeatherBug – great rain radar, other info bit too small to see
- The Weather Channel – nice features, but you have to click an icon before you see actual weather
- newton free is a basic clock app with annoying ticking. No alarm clock, timer, etc.
- Alarm clock picture frame – seems to be a better, $0.99 app that has few nice features.
As for stocks, voice memo and compass – check out this link
ps: another voice memo alternative is iTalk (iPhone app)